If you have been sending messages to a contact on WhatsApp but failing to get any response whatsoever? It is highly possible that you may have been blocked on WhatsApp by the person with that certain contact number. However, there is a particular method aiding to which you get to know how to get yourself unblocked on WhatsApp.
What Happens When You Block A Contact On WhatsApp?
WhatsApp allows all users to block and unblock any account on their contact list over the app. This block and unblock feature also make sure that no notifications or messages are sent to the user, indicating that he or she has been blocked or unblocked.
If you have blocked a certain individual’s contact on WhatsApp, it means –
- All messages, status updates, audio and video calls sent to you by the blocked contact will not show up on your device. To be accurate, these messages will never be delivered to you if the sender is blocked on WhatsApp.
- Moreover, your WhatsApp profile picture, last seen, online/offline, status updates, etc. will not be visible anymore to the contact you have blocked.
WhatsApp users should also keep in mind that blocking a person will not remove the contact from the device. In order to remove a contact, you have to delete it from your smartphone’s address book.
In any case, if you are the person who is being blocked, there is a simple trick which can help in your efforts in learning how to get unblocked in WhatsApp.
How To Get Someone To Unblock You On WhatsApp?
During any emergency, you may require to reach someone on WhatsApp somehow or the other. However, you are unable to see someone’s last seen or online/offline tag in the chat window. Your calls are not getting through, and all the sent messages show only one checkmark instead of two, which confirms that they are not being delivered.
Hence, it can be concluded that you have been blocked on WhatsApp by the certain user. However, there is a certain way by which you can get yourself unlocked quite easily. All you need to do is follow these steps mentioned below –
- Open WhatsApp and click on ‘Settings’.
- Now, select the ‘Chat’ option and click on ‘Chat Backup’.
- Next, hit the ‘Back Up’ option to create a backup of all your WhatsApp chats in the Google Drive of your registered account.
- Head back to the ‘Settings’ page and click on ‘Account’.
- Now, select the ‘Delete my account’ option.
- Next, you need to fill in your WhatsApp number associated with this account and tap the ‘Delete my account’ option to confirm it.
- Close WhatsApp. Uninstall the app and reboot your phone.
- Download WhatsApp from Google Play Store and install it.
- Create an account with the credentials of the contact you just deleted.
Once this is done, you are bound to get unblocked and will be able to send messages and perform a WhatsApp call with the user who had blocked you previously.
So, That Is It?
Yes, getting unblocked from a user who blocked you on WhatsApp is that simple and easy. However, ensure that you have created a backup of the account before uninstalling the app else you may lose all your important documents, images, etc. sent or received via WhatsApp.
Max Field is a founder of recoverandroid-data.com. He is an Android lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android.