TikTok is a popular social media app that is used by both Android and iPhone users.
Many users use this app for entertainment and some use it to earn money and they used to upload videos on regular basis.
But there are many users out there, they are in great trouble as the video is not uploading to TikTok.
If you also face this issue then this guide is for you. Here, I have shared some effective tips to fix TikTok not uploading videos or not posting videos.
So, without discussing more, let’s dig into the solutions.
Basic Tips To Fix TikTok Not Uploading/Posting Videos
- Solution #1: Clear Cache Memory Of The App
- Solution #2: Turn Off VPN
- Solution #3: Check If You Are Blocked From Posting
- Solution #4: Use TikTok’s Web Version
- Solution #5: Check Your Video Is Not Violating TikTok’s Community Guidelines
- Solution #6: TikTok Is Overbooked
- Solution #7: Log Out And Then Login
- Solution #8: Uninstall and Reinstall The App
- Solution #9: Your Account Is Shadowbanned
- Solution #10: Report To TikTok Support
Before you move to the main solutions you should first try the basic tips and if they get failed then move to the main solutions.
Basic Tips To Fix TikTok Not Uploading/Posting Videos
- Check Internet Connection: Internet connection is very important to post videos on TikTok. Therefore, you should make sure that your internet connection is working fine.
- Restart Your Device: A temporary glitch in the system can also cause this issue hence you should restart your device.
- Update Your Device And App: Ensure that your smartphone and TikTok app is updated to their latest OS version.
- Restart The App: You can simply close the TikTok app and then open it again. Doing this should reinitialize its resources and data which may have run temporary glitch while using it.
- Check If TikTok Is Down: If the server of this app is down then you will face this problem. So, you can confirm it by checking its status from Downdetector website. If you find it down then you need to wait until its server gets up.
- Make Sure Your Phone Has Sufficient Storage: TikTok videos take up a lot of storage space on your smartphone. Therefore ensure you have enough space, if not then delete unwanted data from it.
- Enable And Disable Airplane Mode: You can turn on the Airplane mode and then disable it.
- Banned By TikTok: If you are getting 5-10 million views per day then you might get banned from the Creator Fund for six months.
If the issue is not solved using these basic tips then follow the main solutions mentioned below. I hope they will work for you.
Also Read: How To Fix Instagram Video Stuck On Uploading/Processing/Preparing
Solution #1: Clear Cache Memory Of The App
Just like other applications, TikTok stores temporary data on your phone to improve the performance of the app.
Over time, these data become corrupted and slow the app. You can clear the cache memory within the app to solve this problem.
Here are the steps to do so.
- Firstly, open the TikTok app on your phone and then go to your profile.
- After this, hit on 3 horizontal lines at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings and Privacy.
- Next hit on Clear Cache/Free up space under Cache & Cellular data tab.
After clearing the cache memory, open the app again and try to upload the video.
Also Read: Fix Snapchat Filters Not Working On Android
Solution #2: Turn Off VPN
If you are using VPN services on your device then you should turn it off before uploading anything on TikTok.
Though VPNs are great to keep your data and network secured, but some VPNs cause instability in your internet connection.
If you don’t want to turn it off then you can switch to a better VPN such as PureVPN. It uses dedicated high-speed servers to keep your connection fast.
Solution #3: Check If You Are Blocked From Posting
It might be possible that your account is blocked by TikTok due to copyright or its terms and conditions. And due to this, you are unable to post content on it.
Sometimes you may also be blocked if some users have reported your video, hence you should check it.
For this, open the TikTok app, choose Inbox from the bottom bar and then select From TikTok from the top menu.
Here, you will find the message about how long you will be blocked and when you can post again.
Hence, if you find that you are blocked due to some odd reason then contact TikTok support team and request them to unlock you from posting.
Solution #4: Use TikTok’s Web Version
You can use the web version of TikTok to upload videos. This will let you know whether the error is related to your phone or not.
To do this, open the TikTok website and then login to it and hit on + Upload at the top right. Now, upload the video and hit on Post.
If you are able to post on the web version, then it is confirmed that there is some problem with the application or your phone. So, you can use it temporarily.
Also Read: How To Poke Someone On Facebook
Solution #5: Check Your Video Is Not Violating TikTok’s Community Guidelines
You must be familiar with the guidelines of the app before posting the content on it.
If you violate the rules like copying the item from someone or spam then it will get detected by TikTok through its algorithm.
If you don’t know what to post and what not, then you can read its Community Guidelines. If you don’t follow it then your account will be blocked.
Solution #6: TikTok Is Overbooked
As this app is used by many users and due to this it can sometimes stop working and you face this problem.
In this situation, you can contact some of your friends who use this application and ask them if they are also facing the problem.
Or you can search online about this issue or contact support for more details about it.
Solution #7: Log Out And Then Login
Logging out from TikTok and then re-login to it can also help you in fixing “Couldn’t upload video” error.
But before doing this, you should know that when you log out from it then all your drafts will be automatically get deleted.
Hence, before doing this ensure that you don’t need any of the drafts.
Also Read: Instagram DMs Stuck on Loading Screen: Fixes That Worked!
Solution #8: Uninstall and Reinstall The App
Sometimes just uninstalling and reinstalling the app solves many issues. I hope it will also fix this error.
Simply uninstall the app from your phone and then reinstall it from Google Play Store or App Store.
Solution #9: Your Account Is Shadowbanned
When you don’t follow the community guideline of the app then there is a risk of getting shadowbanned.
If you are shadowbanned then you can’t upload content, like or comment.
Generally, the shadowban is for 24 hours, but they can also extend up to many weeks.
If you think TikTok has mistakenly banned you then you can contact the customer support team.
Solution #10: Report To TikTok Support
If you have tried all the above solutions but the problem is not solved then it’s time to report to TikTok support through their support section.
You can also report any problem to TikTok within the app settings. Below, follow the steps to do this.
- Open the TikTok app and then go to its Settings and privacy
- After this, choose Me at the bottom right and then hit on 3 dots at the upper right corner.
- Next, tap on Report a problem under Support.
- Select video and Sound.
- Now, tap on Posting Video.
- Next, if you want to appeal TikTok’s block on your account then choose Blocked from posting. Or you can select Unable to post videos if you are not blocked.
- Then hit on Still have problem and write a detailed note from the issue. Mention things like what issue is this, which device you are using. You can upload a screenshot of the problem.
- After this, hit Report.
- Now, you need to check the Inbox section of the application timely to see if they replied to your problem.
When you are not able to post or upload videos then this can decrease your follower. Therefore, you need to find solutions to fix TikTok not uploading videos.
On this note, we have provided the 10 best solutions plus basic fixes to solve this problem. We hope you can easily fix it and post the video again.
Cheers! Keep Uploading.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube Channel.
You May Also Like:
- Solved: Instagram Error “Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request”
- Fix Snapchat “Oops! Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again Later”
- How To Search Someone On OnlyFans
- How To Fix “Unfortunately, Twitter Has Stopped” On Android
Max Field is a founder of Recover Android Data. He is an Android lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android.