In this article, you will learn 2 ways to factory reset Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5.
First, you can reset Galaxy Z Fold 5 via phone settings.
Second, in case you are not able to access phone settings due to any reasons such as phone not turning on, black screen, screen frozen, unresponsive touch screen, forgotten screen lock pattern, PIN or password, etc. In such case, you can hard reset (Master Reset) via Recovery Mode.
Important Note: In both ways, the data stored in the device is going to be deleted. Hence, it is recommended that you backup your phone data.
Alright, so here we go!
Way 1: Factory Reset Your Galaxy Z Fold 5 Using Phone Settings
You can use the device’s settings to wipe all data and restore the device to its default settings.
- On your phone, go to Settings > General management > Reset.
- Tap on Factory data reset.
- Tap on Reset > Delete All.
Now, just wait for several minutes until your device wipes all data and restores it to default settings. After this have to set up your phone again.
Way 2: Factory Reset Galaxy Z Fold 5 Using Recovery Mode
When you are not able to access phone settings, then you can use this method to factory reset (Hard Reset/Master Reset) your Samsung Z Fold 5.
- First, power off your phone. Press the power button for a few seconds, until the Power off menu appears, then tap on “Power Off” option.
- Now, connect your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Next, hold Power and volume up button together and keep holding it until your device boot into recovery mode. When you see anything about Recovery Mode on the screen, release all the buttons.
- Now, with the use of Volume button navigate and select “wipe data/factory reset” and press Power button to confirm.
- Select “Factory data reset” and press the Power key to confirm. Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
- Once done, select “Reboot system now”. You can then set-up your device again.
Bonus Tip: Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 Remotely
If your Galaxy Z Fold 5 has been stolen, lost or if you do not have your phone with you and want to factory reset your phone, then you can easily erase your Galaxy Z Fold 5 remotely.
Follow the below links to check how to reset Samsung phone remotely. You will learn to:
- Factory reset Galaxy Z Fold 5 remotely via Samsung’s SmartThings Find.
- Factory reset Galaxy Z Fold 5 remotely via Google’s Find My Device.
So, those were the 2 ways to factory reset Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5.
Also, one bonus tip to reset it remotely.
If you have found this post helpful, then please share it as it can help other users!
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube Channel.
You May Also Like:
- How To Recover Deleted Data From Galaxy Z Fold 5/Z Flip 5
- How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5/Z Fold 5 Overheating Issues
- Transfer Data From Any Android/iOS To Galaxy Z Fold 5
- How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 [4 Methods]
Max Field is a founder of Recover Android Data. He is an Android lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android. He has 9+ years of experience in this field.