Some users have reported that their new Galaxy Z Flip 5 touchscreen is not working.
Well, touch screen problem is not a big deal with Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5, but it is also very easy to fix.
So, in this article, you are going to learn: Why did touchscreen stopped working on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 and how to fix it.
Let’s get started with user practical scenario!
Also Read: How To Fix Samsung Fold Unresponsive Screen
Why Did My Touchscreen Suddenly Stop Working On Galaxy Z Flip 5?
There could be several factors for touch screen to become unresponsive.
In some cases, the screen goes black, does not respond to touch, screen gets frozen, touchscreen not working after update.
Some of the causes could be:
- Software issues.
- Water damage.
- Scratches in the screen protector/protective film.
- Other factors could be glitches in the app, debris or viruses.
How To Fix Galaxy Z Flip 5 Touch Screen Not Working
No matter whatever may be the reasons, when your phone becomes unresponsive you must fix it as soon as possible.
So, here are some of the effective fixes that you must follow.
Video Guide: Fix Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 Touch Screen Not Working
Fix 1: Force Reboot Your Galaxy Z Flip 5
This is the very first step that you must apply to fix the issue.
- Hold Power + Volume down simultaneously for 7 seconds. Leave the buttons when the phone vibrates.
- Your device will restart and display the brand logo.
Now, check touch screen is working or not, if not then follow other fixes.
Fix 2: Update Software If Any Available
Samsung regularly releases new updates for the phone to stabilize the system.
So, check for software update and if any available, then kindly update it.
- Go to Settings > Software Update.
- Tap on Check for updates.
- Download and install the Software Update.
Fix 3: Turn OFF Touch Sensitivity
In some cases, it is noticed that turning off the touch sensitivity has solved the touch screen issues on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5. So, this fix is worth trying.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Display.
- Find and turn OFF Touch sensitivity.
Fix 4: Wipe Cache Partition
The device store and accumulate cache files. If those cache files get corrupted or malfunctioned, then screen can become unresponsive on Galaxy Z Flip 5.
So, clearing the cache files can help you to resolve the issue.
- Power off your phone and connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Now, hold Power and volume up button together to boot into recovery mode.
- Next, with the use of Volume button select “wipe cache partition” and press Power button to confirm.
- Once done, reboot the device and then check.
Fix 5: Enter Safe Mode
If the touchscreen stops working due to any third-party apps, then you can identify the issue by entering your Galaxy Z Flip in Safe Mode.
Safe Mode disables all the third-party apps and this will remove the interference of the third-party app with the device’s software or hardware.
And, If the touch screen starts to work in safe mode, then start uninstalling the third-party apps one by one that you installed recently.
Here how to enter safe mode on Galaxy Z Flip 5.
- Press and hold Power button for a couple of seconds, until Power menu appears.
- Now, touch and hold Power off option, until the “Safe Mode” prompt appears, then release.
- Tap on “Safe Mode” to confirm.
- The phone will take some time and upon restart, you will see “Safe Mode” appear in the lower-left of the screen.
- To exit safe mode, simply restart the phone.
Fix 6: Factory Reset Your Galaxy Z Flip 5
If still, your Galaxy Z Flip 5 screen not working, then you can perform a factory reset. It will restore the device to its default settings.
Note: Back up your device as it will delete all data from the device.
Here how to factory reset Samsung Z Flip 5.
- Go to Settings > General management > Reset.
- Tap Factory data reset > Reset > Delete All.
Fix 7: Try Android Repair Software
If the touch screen problem is occurring due to software bugs or any software-related issues, then try the professional and most trusted Android Repair software to fix Galaxy Z Flip5 touch screen not working.
The software will help you to fix the software OS and bring the device back to normal and thereby fixes touch screen issues on Samsung phones with ease.
It can fix several Samsung phone issues with a high success rate. It is one of the trusted and most popular repair tools for Android today if you want a reliable tool to repair your Samsung phones.
Here follow the steps to fix Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 touchscreen issue using Android Repair software.
The touch screen issue on a new and expensive smartphone is really a worrisome issue. But it is also very easy to tackle.
If your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 touchscreen is not working, then you can try the fixes mentioned in this article to fix the issue.
If you have found this post helpful, then please share this article, so that it can help other users.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube Channel.
You May Also Like:
- How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 [4 Methods]
- How To Recover Deleted Data From Galaxy Z Fold 5/Z Flip 5
- How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5/Z Fold 5 Overheating Issues
- Switch Data From iPhone/Android To Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Max Field is a founder of Recover Android Data. He is an Android lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android. He has 9+ years of experience in this field.