Easily and Effectively Restore Erase or Missing Facebook Chat Conversation!
Overview: If you have ever accidentally lost or deleted Facebook messenger messages on your Android device that you want back then this page is for you. It will provide you several ways that will help you to recover deleted Facebook messenger messages from Android phones and tablets.
- Can You Recover Deleted Facebook Messages From Android?
- Solution 1: Recover Facebook Messenger Messages Using ES File Explorer
- Solution 2: Recover Facebook Messages By Connecting Android Phone To PC
- Solution 3: Recovering Messenger Messages By Archiving the Facebook Messages
- Solution 4: Recover Lost or Deleted Messages From Downloaded Archive
- Solution 5: Recover Deleted Photos and Videos Downloaded from Facebook
The most popular and widely used chat application is Facebook messenger. Android users keep this messenger app to keep in touch with their friends, family, colleague, boss, etc. Sometimes you may chat with someone that is very close to you such as your girlfriend. But what if you accidentally delete or lose those memorable chat histories that you do not wish to lose.
Here Have A Look At Practical Scenario
How to recover deleted messages in Facebook messenger
I would like to know if deleted messages between me and another person in the Messengers conected to facebook, somehow can be recovered from the phone from where they have been deleted??
Do I need speciale apps/ software for that, and if yes , where to be found.
Thanks for your help.
Source: Android Central Forums
So, how can you get back deleted Facebook messenger chat history?
When you encounter such cases, just get relax! You don’t have to worry about it. Below, I have shared few solutions that you can follow to retrieve lost or deleted facebook messenger messages on Android also you can directly restore lost Facebook photos, videos, documents with the help of Android Data Recovery software.
Can You Recover Deleted Facebook Messages From Android?
Facebook Messenger keeps the copy of same messages off the internet – it means that deleted messages are also get saved in your phone memory. So, it is possible to recover deleted Facebook Messages by following simple steps.
5 Solutions To Recover Deleted or Lost Facebook Messenger Messages From Android
Solution 1: Recover Facebook Messenger Messages Using ES File Explorer
- Download ES File Explorer app on your phone from Play Store.
- Open it and go to phone storage/SD card. There you will see Android folder – open it.
- Tap on Data Folder. Now look for folder named as “com.facebook.orca” which holds the facebook messenger app data. Simply tap on it.
- Now click on Cache folder and look for “fb_temp”. It contains all the copy of the files related to facebook messenger. And this proves that we can recover facebook messages from our phone.
Solution 2: Recover Facebook Messages By Connecting Android Phone To PC
This is another way through which you can access the same files by connecting your Android phone to computer.
After connecting your Android device to PC.
Go to “SD card/Internal Storage” > “Android” > “data” > “com.facebook.orca“.
Select cache and then open “fb_temp“.
You can now recover your Facebook messenger messages with backup in the folder.
Solution 3: Recovering Messenger Messages By Archiving The Facebook Messages
In order to protect your messages so that you can avoid future mishaps is to archive the facebook messenger messages. Archiving messages can be done in very easy steps. You can easily follow the steps either on Facebook website, facebook app or facebook messenger.
Open messenger and go to your recent conversation list. If you want to archive individual conversation then select individual contact and long press it. This will pop-up the following window.
Next click on “Archive” and it will be moved to Archive, which can be unarchieved later when you need it.
Archiving facebook messages stores all the messages even if you delete them from the individual contacts or conversation history. So, if you don’t want to lose important or valuable messenger chat conversation, then you must always archive facebook messages.
Solution 4: Recover Lost or Deleted Messages From Downloaded Archive
If you have archived the facebook messages then they become secure for life and you don’t have to worry about it anymore. In future, when you want to view the archived then you can view it anytime. It is simple and very easy.
- In order to recover deleted facebook messages from downloaded archive, then you have to first login to your Facebook account.
- Then click on “Account Settings” as it is shown in the picture below.
- After this, click on “Download a copy of your Facebook data” located at the bottom of the page.
- Here you can see a page where you can download what you have done before in your facebook account. Click on “Start My Archive” as shown in the image below.
- After this it will pop-up a box named “Request My Download”, it means that it will take little time to gather your information. Click on “Start My Archive” again to begin gathering all messages.
- After this, it will display a small dialogue box. You can see the download link at the bottom of the dialogue box. Just click on the link in order to download your archive. This may take 2-3 hours if want to get back your Facebook messages.
- It will ask you to enter the password once again before you download your archive.
- Click on the “Download Archive” button and it will instantly get downloaded to your PC. Simply unzip it and then open the file that is named as “index”. After this click on “Messages” and then it show you all of your past messages.
So, from the above steps you just restored Facebook messages from downloaded archived.
Though it is very easy to retrieve deleted facebook messages, but you are responsible for the action you take for the archiving and unarchiving your messages. You should be aware for the messages you are archiving, because they will be gone from the list. Additionally, you have to follow few several steps to un-archive to get back those messages. Though the messages get deleted they are completely recoverable, but you have to make sure that you have not cleared the cache files on your phone. Remember, if you delete the cache file, then the only option left with you is to download the archive from the website.
Solution 5: Recover Deleted Photos and Videos Downloaded from Facebook
If you have downloaded or saved images or videos from the Facebook on your Android phone or tablets, but deleted them accidentally? Then in such case, you must try Android Data Recovery Tool to restore lost or deleted pictures and videos files from your phone.
Beside, photos and videos this Facebook Recovery Tool for Android also retrieve deleted, missing or lost audio, contacts, whatsapp messages, call history, text SMS and documents from all Android phones and tablets.
So, there are several ways through which you can get back lost or deleted Facebook messages. But in case, if you are looking to recover downloaded Facebook photos, videos or audio files that got accidentally deleted or lost on your Android phone or tablet, then must immediately try Android Data Recovery tool.