Well, if you have also experienced the vertical lines on iPhone screen issue?
If you do, then no worries you are not the only one, there are lots of users just like you.
Last week, my friend has also faced the verticals line on iPhone 11 screen problem.
But he successfully solved the problem by performing the troubleshooting that I recommended to him.
So, I decided to make a complete guide on this issue to help the users who are experiencing this problem and can’t able to make it solved.
In this article, you will learn how to fix vertical lines on iPhone screen.
There are many reasons behind this problem. So, let’s know the common reasons behind it.
Causes: Why Is My iPhone Showing Vertical Lines?
- Due to poor connection, if the flex cables are not connected properly, then it can cause this issue.
- Software issues, software glitches can also be the culprit.
- Electro Static Discharge.
- Accidental damage, if you have fallen your device into the water or dropped the phone, then it may damage your device.
- Due to internal issues.
- Damaged IC, it could be the IC is damaged, in such a case it can cause vertical lines.
- An outdated iOS.
These are the common reasons behind this issue.
Now, let’s check out the solutions to fix the problem and get rid of it.
How Do I Fix The Vertical Lines On My iPhone Screen?
Well, you can easily fix white/black/pink vertical lines on iPhone by following the mentioned solutions.
Many users often asked us how to fix vertical lines on my iPhone XS?
Therefore, the below solutions are applicable to all the iOS phone models like iPhone SE, 5s, 6, 7, 8, 9, X, XR, XS, 11, 12, 13, 14.
1. Backup Your Device
The very first thing you should back up your phone when the vertical lines appeared.
Because it could be your last backup of yours and you may face deletion of data when you face the problem of vertical lines on iPhone screen after dropping it or after water damage.
Backing up the phone can prevent the situation of data loss, because you can restore your photos, videos, contacts, and documents.
You can back up your iOS using iTunes or iCloud.
2. Restart Your Device
It could be the bugs and glitches are causing the issue, in such a case you can easily fix it by doing a restart.
By performing restart, your device will work more smoothly and flawlessly.
Therefore, you should restart the phone once a week to prevent several problems from causing.
These are the steps to follow.
Note: The steps may vary on your phone-to-phone model.
- Press and hold the Power or Side key to bring the Power slider.
- Now, move the slider to power off your device.
- Now, hold on for 20-25 seconds, then long press the Side key to bring the Apple logo, after that your iOS will power on.
3. Update Your iOS
As you all know, an outdated software version can lead the phone to several problems.
Therefore, we need to update the software to prevent the issue from causing and to fix the bugs and glitches.
So, you should update your iOS, when your device causes vertical lines.
Follow the mentioned steps to do so.
- Open Settings and select General.
- Now, tap on Software update, then hit Download & Install and follow the on-screen instruction, if the update is available.
At last, check whether you make the verticals lines disable on your iPhone.
You May Also Like:
- How To Fix Green Screen On Android Phones
- What To Do When Samsung Touch Screen Not Working After Update
- How To Get Pictures Off A Phone With A Black Screen On Android
- How To Unlock OnePlus With Broken Screen
4. Cycle Charge Your Phone’s Battery
This workaround is very popular among users, many users confirmed that they have fixed the vertical lines on their iPhone SE by power cycling the phone’s battery.
Now, you are wondering about what is power cycle?
Well, it’s a process when you need to charge your phone up to 100%, the use it until it gets to 0%.
After that, you need to charge it up to 100% again, by doing this the next time you charged your device, then the vertical line gets disappeared.
5. Clean Your Phone’s Screen
There are times when white vertical lines start showing on iPhone due to the dust or debris which is stuck between the screen protector and the phone’s screen.
You can’t able to notice the dust if you use a screen protector. So, you should remove the dust to fix it.
Simply remove the protector and gently clean it with a soft cloth.
At last, check whether the issue is fixed or not, if not, then move to the other solution.
6. Readjust Your Phone LCD Screen
Many users often asked us how can I fix vertical lines on iPhone after dropping it?
Well, you can easily fix it by readjusting the screen. Because when you drop your iPhone the flex cables may get broken or disconnected.
Also, if the screen got misplaced in such a case, you may face lines problems.
Therefore, you need to reconnect the LCD cables to the logic board and place the screen properly to its place.
But keep in mind that you need to gently push it because you don’t need any damage to your phone.
First, adjust the screen by pushing it gently from the top and bottom sides to fix the issue.
When you have placed the pins properly on the LCD, then you will see the black/white lines get disappeared.
7. Reset iPhone Via iTunes
Most of the users successfully fixed the problem by resetting the phone using iTunes.
Therefore, you can also apply the same process of resetting the phone to iTunes to solve the problem.
Here’s how it looks like.
- Open iTunes on your PC and connect your device to the system using a cable.
- When your device starts showing on iTunes, then simply click it.
- Now, click the Restore iPhone option from the Summary.
- Now, click the Restore option again for confirmation, if prompted.
- By doing this your phone will be erased and the recent iOS will be installed by iTunes.
8. Put Your iPhone Into DFU Mode
If you have checked all the above solutions and still you can’t able to fix the problem, then you can put your device into DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode to fix it.
Follow the mentioned solution to do so.
- On your PC, open iTunes and connect your Phone to the PC.
- Now, press and hold the Power or Volume down keys for a couple of seconds.
- Now, only release the Power key to make your iPhone detected by iTunes, then its pop-up a message.
- Now, leave the Volume Down key, then click Restore and wait until the process get complete.
At last, check whether the problem gets fixed or not.
9. Boot Your Device Into Safe Mode
Booting the device in safe mode can be the best workaround to perform when vertical lines appeared.
You can put your device in safe mode to check if any third-party apps are the culprit behind it.
Because the third-party apps didn’t allow to work in this mode and you will easily find the culprit of the issue.
These are the steps to follow.
- Long press the Power key until the Power off button appears.
- Now, press and hold the Power off button for a couple of seconds, then simply select Reboot to Safe Mode.
- At last, tap OK to reboot the phone.
Once, you boot your phone into safe mode, check if the third-party apps are causing the issue or not.
If yes, then uninstall the recently installed third-party apps one by one.
10. Factory Reset Your iPhone
If none of the methods help you in fixing the problem, then you can perform a factory reset to fix white/black/pink/ vertical lines on iPhone.
As you all know, by doing a factory reset all your data gets wiped and the settings will be changed to default.
So, before performing it make sure to back up your essential data. As you can restore it after fixing the issue.
These are the steps to do so.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Reset.
- now, select Erase All Content and Settings.
- At last, enter your Password and hit Erase iPhone to confirm.
11. Contact Apple Support
If you are still not able to fix the problem of vertical lines on iPhone screen after water damage or the phone, gets dropped, then you can take the phone to the Apple service centre nearby your location.
You can also directly contact Apple Support and ask them for help.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
In this guide, I have provided 11 solutions to fix vertical lines issue on iPhone screen.
If you have followed the guide properly, then you have fixed the problem.
Keep in your mind, whenever these lines appear, then immediately back up all your data to prevent worse scenarios.
I hope this guide has helped you, if it does, then do share it with others.
Max Field is a founder of recoverandroid-data.com. He is an Android lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android.