Learn Some Very Effective Methods That Will Help You To Do Full Backup & Restore of Your Motorola Phone Data!
Overview: Want to take complete backup of your Moto G, Moto Z, Moto X, Moto E or any other Android Motorola phone? Do not have any idea, how to perform Motorola backup and restore? Just Relax! Here we present some very effective solutions that will help you to backup and restore Motorola phone. Simply follow the methods mentioned in this post.
- Easily backup all data and personal information from Moto phone to PC and restore backed-up data from PC to any Android phone.
- Backup files such as photos, videos, contacts, audio, SMS, Whatsapp, call logs and apps.
- Backup data from screen damaged, locked, broken Motorola phones if USB debug is already enabled.
- Support all Motorola Android phones, including Moto G, Z, X and E Series mobile.
Download Trial Version of Motorola Data Backup and Restore Tool By Clicking on Button Below
Let me tell that there are many Motorola users out, who do not have any clue on how to create a backup of their phone data.
Check Out Below The Real User Example:
I have a moto x pure edition 6 months old. running android 6.0
I have Cheetah mobile file manager and my pc is win 10.
Win 10 file manager doesn’t recognize that the phone is full of files… and if i use the right mouse button to import images and videos it starts scanning and then says there is nothing on the phone.
File manager won’t show all the photos in the gallery and when i select an image and try to move it to the SD card and follow the correct process it doesn’t move anything. At some point it worked but even though i have a SD card that i know works it won’t move more there and I have full empty space and the internal memory is getting scarce.
I had a Nexus 5 that I loved but somehow died and chose this phone over the 5X cause of the expandable memory and now not working.
Anyone out there with suggestions?
Source: AndroidPit Forums
That was just one example but there are many users out there who do not have any idea on how to backup and restore Moto phone data.
But why we should take backup of Motorola phone?
Find the answer below by yourself!
Why We Should Backup Motorola Phone?
Well, there are various scenarios in which you could lose your important data on your Motorola Android smartphones.
The scenarios are:
- Accidentally dropping of phone into water, result in data loss.
- Doing factory reset of phone also erases all data stored within the device.
- Accidentally formatting SD card or mistakenly deleted files on the phone.
In any of the above scenarios you may lose your important data from your Motorola phone, hence it becomes very important to backup Motorola phone data in order to deal with data loss problem.
Methods To Backup and Restore Motorola Phone Data
You would definitely like to know what are those methods or ways to perform backup of Moto Z, X, G or E series phone data.
Well, below find out those methods to backup and restore Motorola phone!
- Method 1: Backup Motorola Data To Computer Without Software
- Method 2: Backup Motorola Moto Phone Data By Using Google Account
- Method 3: Backup All Data of Motorola Phone and How To Restore Them Back With Software
Method 1: Backup Motorola Data To Computer Without Software
This is a manual method that will help you to manually backup media files and documents files from Motorola mobile to computer.
Here how to manually transfer/copy/backup Motorola data to computer:
- Connect your Motorola phone to your computer with the help of USB cable.
- Swipe finger from top to down to pull down the Menu on your phone and select “USB Connection”.
- Choose “USB Mass Storage” and after that your device will get detected by your computer as removable disk.
- Now go to your computer and copy the files from your Motorola phone’s internal memory and external SD card to your computer.
Note: This method will only let you to copy and paste media files like pictures, videos, music and documents files. You can’t take backup of text messages, contacts, call history, whatsapp chat history.
So, below find out another method that will help you to backup contacts along with photos and other media files.
Method 2: Backup Motorola Moto Phone Data By Using Google Account
As you know that Moto series phone run on Android operating system and hence it make sense to use Google account for data backup.
Here find out how you can backup different types of data from Motorola to Google account:
Back up Motorola Contacts:
- Open Contacts app and tap the Menu
- Tap Merge contacts.
- Select Merge with Google.
- If necessary then log-in to your Google account.
Restore Contacts on Motorola Phone
In order to restore backed up contacts, simply follow the below steps:
- On your phone tap Settings > Google.
- Tap on your Email Address and then tap on Sync Contacts to select the check box.
- If check box is already selected then simply tap Sync Now.
Backup Apps on Motorola Phone
- Follow below steps to back up apps:
- On your phone go to Settings > tap Backup and reset.
- Note: You have to log-in to your Google account to backup your apps. So, tap Backup account > Add account and then follow the onscreen steps to log-in to or create a Google account.
- If required, tap Backup my data to select the check box.
- If required, tap Backup account to select the check box.
Restore Apps on Motorola Phone
In order to restore backed up apps, simply follow the below steps:
Note: First of all log-in to your Google account.
- On your phone go to Settings.
- Tap Google and then tap on Sync all.
- After this press Back
- Now check/uncheck Backup my data and Automatic restore.
Back up Photos and Videos on Motorola Phone
You can use Google Drive to backup most of your data, but let me tell you that it offer limited amount of memory – the free Google account offer only 15 GB of online memory.
If you have lots of photos and videos then you then Google Drive is not a perfect choice.
So, what is the perfect choice?
Well, the perfect choice would be Google Photos because it gives you upto 1TB (1000 GB) of back up memory.
Note: Google Photos is only for backing up photos and videos and you can’t backup any other type of data.
First of all you have to install Google Photos app on your phone, if it is already installed on your Motorola phone, then you doesn’t have to install it.
Here follow how to backup photos and videos:
- Launch Google Photos app on your Moto phone.
- Tap on Hamburger Menu and select Settings and then tap on “Back up & sync’’.
- Turn ON backup option by moving the toggle to the right.
- Now tap on “Back up all” to backup all your photos and videos.
This back up method comes very handy when you have to factory reset your Motorola phone.
Method 3: Backup All Data of Motorola Phone and How To Restore Them Back With Software
If you do not want to backup each data individually for backup and if you want to backup all data at once, then you can do that too as well.
For this, you have to install a program known as Android Data Backup and Restore which is suitable Motorola Backup software. It is designed to back up all data of Moto Phones, whether it is rooted or unrooted. It will you to save all information of your Moto phone before you do factory reset.
Download the free version of Android Data Backup & Restore on your computer.
Supported Files: Contacts, Messages, Call history, Gallery, Video, Calendar, Audio, Apps and Application data for rooted devices.
Supported Devices: All Motorola Android Phones such as Motorola Moto X4, G5S, G5S Plus, Z2 Force, Z2 Play, E4 Plus, E4, C Plus, C, G5, G5 Plus, M2, M, Z Play, E3 Power, E3, Z, G4 Play, G4, G4 Plus, G Turbo Edition, X Force, Droid Maxx 2, Droid Turbo 2, X Play, X Style, Moto G (Gen 3), Moto Turbo, Moto E (Gen 2) 4G, Moto E (Gen 2), X Pro, G (Gen 2) LTE, Moto Maxx, Droid Turbo, Motorola Google Nexus 6, Moto X (Gen 2), Moto G (Gen 2), G 4G, Moto E, Moto G, G (CDMA), G Forte, Moto X, Droid Ultra, Droid Mini, Droid Maxx, Razr Maxx, Defy XT, Defy Mini, Atrix 2, Razr XT910, Defy Plus, Fire XT, Milestone XT800, Z Force and other all Motorola Android Phones.
You May Also Like:
- How To Find and Retrieve Hidden Files or Folders on Android
- How To Recover Deleted Facebook Messenger Messages From Android Phone
- How to Remove or Bypass Samsung Screen Locks – [PIN, Pattern, Password or Fingerprints]
- Snapchat Recovery: Recover Deleted/Destroyed Snapchat Photos & Videos
Steps To Back up Motorola Android Phone Data
Step 1: Connect Your Android Phone To PC
First, download, install and launch Android Data Backup & Restore on your PC and select the option Backup & Restore.
After this connect your Android phone to your PC with the help of USB cable. Make sure USB debugging mode is enabled on your phone. If your Android OS is 4.2.2 or above, then you will get pop-up message on your Android phone that will ask you to allow USB Debugging, simply tap on OK.
Once, your phone get connected, you can then click on Backup to begin the backup Android phone data.
If you have used this tool in the past for backing up your device, then you can also view your past backup by clicking on “View backup history”.
Step 2: Select The File Types To Backup
Now select the file types (photos, videos, contacts, call history, messages, calendar, gallery, audio, applications, app data) that you want to backup. By default the program checked all the file types. After this click on Backup to that the backup process.
Just be patient because backup process will take few minutes of time. So, don’t disconnect your Android phone and even don’t use your device during the backup process.
Once, the backup is completed, you can then click on “View the Backup” to see what’s in the backup file.
After backing up Moto phone data, you might also want to know how to restore backed up Motorola phone data back to Motorola phone or any other Android, so here check it out: Steps To Restore Backed up Motorola Android Phone Data.
So those were my three methods to backup Motorola Android phone data and restore them back. The first two method is not so useful as they do not support full backup of Motorola Phone data, whereas the third method support complete back up, hence you must download Android Data Backup and Restore software in order to Backup Moto data to PC.