Learn Few But Very Effective Solutions To Restore Lost, Missing or Disappeared Photos, Contacts, Videos And Other Data After Android 8.0 Oreo Update!
Lost data on your Android phone or tablet after Android 8.0 update?
Photos disappeared after updating your phone to Android 8.0 Oreo operating system?
Contacts got lost or missing on your phone after Android 8.0 Oreo update?
I am here to help you. This specific post will guide you on how to recover lost, missing or disappeared data from Android phone or tablet after Android 8.0 Oreo Update. Just read the post till the end and follow the solutions.
With the help of Android Data Recovery software, you can:
- Efficiently recover all lost data from Android phone after Android 8.0 Oreo update.
- Retrieve data like photos, videos, contacts, audio, call logs, text messages, WhatsApp chat history, documents and much more.
- Also recover lost data from phone after Android 7.0 Nougat update, 6.0 Marshmallow update, 5.0 Lollipop update.
- Support all brands of Android phones such as Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi, LG, HTC, Sony, Google Pixel, Oppo, Vivo, Micromax, Lenovo, Moto, etc.
Download Android 8.0 Oreo Data Recovery Tool Below
Android 8.0 Oreo is the new version of Android mobile operating system and now Google is looking forward to launch new version of Android operating system that is Android P. But we are not talking about Android P in this topic.
Coming back to Android 8.0, it was released back in August 2017. Today, almost most of the phones such as Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus/S8/S7/S6, Galaxy Note 8/Note 7/Note5, Google Pixels phones, Nexus, HTC, Huawei Mate, Sony, Motorola, Xiaomi, LG, Nokia Android and other Android phones support Android Oreo.
But just like earlier issue of data loss on Android after OS update, similarly you may encounter data loss on your Android device after 8.0 update.
There are various users out there who have been facing this issue. After upgrading their phone to Android Oreo they have been missing or lost their data on their mobile device.
Sometimes the update gets failed and thereby they lose their data including contacts, pictures, videos, messages, some apps, music and much more.
In some cases after the 8.0 Oreo update, users have to restart/reboot their device but after restart/reboot they found that their phone have been bring back to factory settings that cause data loss.
But as I said, that you don’t have to worry or get panic about it. Below follow the solutions and recover lost or missing data after Android 8.0 Oreo Update.
Solution 1: Restore Lost Photos or Videos After Android 8.0 Update
If you have uploaded your phone photos or videos to Google Drive then you can easily restore them back from Google drive backup.
Here follow the steps to restore photos and videos after Android 8.0 update from Google drive backup:
- Log-in to your Google drive app or Google drive website. You must log-in with same email id that you have used to set-up your Android phone and uploaded your pictures and videos to Google drive.
- After logging, you can see all the uploaded or backed photos and video files.
- You can now select the image and videos files that you want and download it from there.
Solution 2: Restore Disappeared or Lost Contacts After Android Oreo Update
If you have habit of syncing contacts to your Google account, then you can easily restore them back on your Android phone, though you have lost them after updating your phone to Oreo operating system.
Here follow the steps to restore contacts after Android Oreo update from Gmail backup:
- Open gmail.com (you can open it on your computer browser) and login with the same Gmail id that you have used to set-up your Android and synced your contacts.
- Click “Gmail” icon and then click on “Contacts” from the drop down list.
- If you have lost all contacts, then simply click “More” option and then select “Export” from the Contacts page.
- After this you will be asked in which format you want to export your contacts. Simply select “CSV Format” and download the file.
- After downloading the CSV file, copy it to SD card and then reinsert the SD card in your Android phone.
- Now launch Contacts app on your phone and import the contacts from CSV file to phone.
Well, the above two solutions have helped you to restore photos, videos and contacts only if you have the backup file.
But now the question is – what about rest of the files such text messages, notes, audio, documents, WhatsApp chat history and other data? And what if you do not have backup of photos, videos and contacts? In such case, the question arise – Is it possible to recover lost data from Android after 8.0 Oreo update without backup?
Well, the answer lies below!
Solution 3: Android 8.0 Oreo Data Recovery: To Recover Lost Data After Android 8.0 Oreo Update
Yes, it is possible to recover data after Android 8.0 Oreo update, even if you do not have any backup file.
You can try this powerful and World’s popular Android Data Recovery software which is an appropriate and perfect Android Oreo Data Recovery software. This tool is designed to recover files such as pictures, contacts, call history, videos, audio, WhatsApp messages, notes, voice recordings, documents and many more.
The best part about this data recovery software for Android 8 Oreo is that it extracts data from phone’s internal memory as well from external SD card. It support all Android phones such as Samsung, Google Pixel phones, Nexus, HTC, LG, Huawei, Sony, Panasonic, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Moto, etc.
Below download Android Data Recovery software and follow the complete tutorial on how to recover lost, disappeared or missing data after Android 8.0 Oreo update.
Note: As and when you lost data after Android 8.0 Oreo update, you must immediately stop using your phone and do not any kind of data on your device. Because adding new data will overwrite the existing data and hence you will lose the chances for the recovering data.
You May Also Like:
- How To Recover Deleted Hidden Photos On Android?
- Fixes For “Sorry, This Media File Doesn’t Exist On Your SD Card/Internal Storage
- [Solved]: ‘Insufficient Storage’ Error on Android
- Things To Do To Fix a Water Damaged Phone In Easy Steps!
Steps To Recover Lost or Disappeared Data After Android 8.0 Update
Step 1 – Connect Your Android Phone
Download, install and launch Android Data Recovery on your computer and then select “Recover” option.
Now connect your Android device to your PC with the help of USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your Android phone.
If your phone is running on Android OS 4.2.2 or higher version, then you will get pop up message on your phone, simply tap OK to allow USB debugging.
Once your device gets connected, you will see the screen as shown below.
Step 2 – Select File Types For Scanning
Once, your phone gets connected, Android Data Recovery will display the file types that its support to recover. By default, the software has check marked all the file types. Here you can select the file types that you want to recover and then click on “Next” to proceed further with recovery process.
After this, the software will provide two options (only for non-rooted device): Scan for deleted files and Scan for all files. Scan for all files will take longer time, but it will scan your device thoroughly. Now click on “Next” to continue with the data recovery process.
The software will analyze your device first.
Android Data Recovery software will now scan your device to recover lost/deleted data. This process may take few minutes of time. Just wait for scanning process to get complete.
Step 4 – Preview and Recover Deleted Data From Android Devices
Once, the scanning process gets complete. You can now preview the recoverable files one by one. Select the files that you want back and then click on “Recover” button to save them on your computer.
Bonus Tips: Backup All Data Before Updating Your Android Phone To Android Oreo
In order to avoid any kind of data loss, it is always suggested that you must always keep backup of your data. So, before updating your Android phone to Android 8.0 or Android 7.0, you must backup your data to PC by using Android Data Backup & Restore software and after that you can proceed with upgrading your Android operating system to new version.
Here find out following posts that will help you to backup data of different phones:
- Top 4 Ways To Backup and Restore Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
- How To Backup And Restore Motorola Phone
- LG Phone Backup And Restore: Secure Your Important Data To PC
- How To Backup Xiaomi Mi and Redmi Phone Data And Restore Them Back
- Transfer/Backup/Copy Contacts From Samsung Phone To PC
Updating phone to new operating system may lead to data loss and therefore updating phone to new OS version should be done very carefully. It is better to first backup important data and then update your phone. However, if you have lost data after Android 8.0 Oreo update and you don’t have backup, then it is highly recommended that you must immediately use Android data recovery tool to recover lost data, before it’s too late.
Max Field is a founder of recoverandroid-data.com. He is an Android lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android.