Learn Some Effective Tips And Tricks To Fix PUBG Mobile (PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUND) Lag Issues And Play Game Without Lag On Android!
Overview: After doing some research online I have found that several PUBG Mobile players have been complaining that their PUBG mobile lag on their Android device when they play the game. If you are also encountering the same issues, then simply relax and follow the solutions, tips, and tricks to fix PUBG lagging on Android and play the game without lag.
But before that, let me describe a short description about the PUBG game.
Description About The PUBG Game
PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS Mobile is popularly known as in the short form of PUBG Mobile. The mobile version of the game is developed by Tencent. It is a battle royale game. In the game, the players are dropped off on an abandoned island. Once the players land on the island with the help of a parachute, the survival of their life starts. Players have to find weapons and resources and kill the enemy to stay alive in the game.
Players can explore the houses to find weapons and other resources. They can drive vehicles which can be found mostly on the roadside. The interesting part of the game is that the Playzone is restricted by the form and players have to rush and get to the safe zone or else they will die in the form and in the meantime they have to kill their enemies as well. And finally at last whichever team kill all other enemies, they are the winner and they are greeted as “WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER”.
The game offers various maps, amazing graphics, voice chatting among the players while playing the game which adds more spice to the game. At the moment PUBG Mobile is running on millions of Android smartphones.
PUBG Mobile has an amazing development team and hence there are not so many issues reported by the players. But several players have reported lagging issues. There are players who noticed lag issues in the gameplay. At time, the animation lag, the players take time to move, it also takes a little bit longer time to use a weapon, PUBG mobile lag when near players. Honestly speaking, if the game lags, it kills the interest in the game and makes the experience very poor.
For example, just check out the below-mentioned real practical scenarios!
Practical Scenario 1: A User PUBG Game Lag On Phone
Even though my phone has all it takes to run the game smoothly ( 3gb ram , 1.6 ghz octa-core processor, more than 10gb free space) , I still have to run the game on lowest specs. Please give me some tips.
Practical Scenario 2: PUBG Mobile Lag And Stutter On Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hi guys I’m using a note 9 on exynos chipset and pubg runs horribly on my phone. Only when I play it on smooth graphics then the game will run fine but any higher graphic settings and the game will start to lag and stutter and frames will fall. Any idea why this is happening on a flagship device or anyone facing a similar situation?? Feeling quite hopeless now…
Source: Android Central Forums
Just like the above examples, several players have been facing lagging, stuttering, or hang issues while they play PUBG Mobile.
So, now the question arises – How to fix PUBG lagging on Android and play the game smoothly?
Well, continue reading the article and follow the solutions, tips and tricks to fix the PUBG Mobile lag issue on Android.
Note: Below mentioned tips & tricks, solutions to fix lag in PUBG Mobile applies to all brands of Android phones such as Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, Motorola, Sony, HTC, ZTE, Google Pixel, Huawei, Lenovo, Vivo, Oppo, Panasonic, Asus, Nokia, Meizu, OnePlus, Realme and other several Android phones. The same thing can also be applied for the iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
1. Basic Requirements Before You Play PUBG Mobile Without Lag
If you want to play PUBG mobile without lag then your Android phone must meet these basic requirements:
- Operating System: Android 5.1 or Higher Version
- Storage:5 GB Free
- RAM: 2 GB
- Processor: Snapdragon 430/Kirin -655 or higher
- GPU: Adreno 505/Mali T830 or higher
2. Basic Optimization To Play PUBG Mobile Without Any Lag On Android
- Make sure that you have installed the latest version of PUBG mobile on your device.
- Make sure your phone and your phone’s OS is compatible with the PUBG Mobile.
- Make sure your device has enough internal memory storage.
- Make sure that you have a good internet connection and that is not interrupted on your Android phone.
- Make sure that your phone does not have unwanted apps. Uninstall those apps that you do not use. Apps have a service that runs in the background and gives you a notification. Let me tell you that more free RAM and CPU your device will have, the faster your game will run.
3. Clear PUBG Mobile Cache And Clear Data To Play Game Smoothly
In order to clear cache and clear data of PUBG mobile, follow the below steps:
- On your phone go to “Settings”.
- Tap on Apps, App Manager or the Application
- Go to “All Apps” tab and find PUBG Mobile and tap on it.
- Tap on Clear Cache and Storage now. If there is a Storage option, then tap on it and then clear cache and data.
- Restart your phone and then launch the game and check if it is performing good or not.
4. Clear The Cache Of Your Android Phone To Fix PUBG Mobile Lag
PUBG Mobile can lag on your phone if its cache is cluttered on your device. So, to fix the game lag issue, you need to simply clear the cache of your phone. In order to clear the cache of the phone, you have to enter “Recovery Mode”.
Here follow the steps on how to clear the cache of Android phone:
Step 1: Enter Recovery Mode – First you have to enter into recovery mode. This is usually done by pressing and holding the “HOME + POWER + VOLUME UP” buttons together when a device is turned OFF. But, some devices have a different key combination of entering Recovery Mode, so, if it isn’t working in your case, then Google it to see how to do it.
Step 2: Wipe Cache Partition – The device will enter “Recovery Mode”. Now you can clear the phone cache. Select the option “Wipe Cache Partition” with the help of Volume buttons and confirm it with Power button. Once the process gets complete reboot your system and your phone will restart in normal mode.
Now check, your PUBG Mobile game is performing well without any lag issue or not.
Note: This will not delete any data or personal settings, but be very careful and do not select the option “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” as this will delete all data and reset your device to factory defaults.
5. Turn OFF Apps Running In The Background And Autostart of Apps
Fortunately, now many smartphones come with the feature to turn off background apps as well as it allows to autostarting of apps.
And I recommend you to use both features to Turn OFF apps running in the background and autostarting of apps. It is because the more resources your phone will have the better will be the gaming performance.
In most of the Android smartphones, you will find the feature to Turn OFF Autostart of the apps. You can find it in Settings > Permission> Autostart apps.
After that start turning off Autostart of the apps available in the list.
In my recommendation, you can turn off all the apps except PUBG and enjoy playing PUBG without lag.
6. Turn OFF Battery Optimization For PUBG App
These days, almost all Android phones come with “Turn ON Battery Saver” option. This feature saves the device’s battery but at the cost of performance.
However, you can disable battery optimization particularly for the PUBG app on your Android. To do so, go to Settings > Battery Settings > Tap on “Battery Saver” and select PUBG Mobile and then select the option no restrictions in order to run PUBG smoothly on Android.
This will turn off battery optimization for PUBG mobile which is responsible for battery saver at the cost of performance.
7. Turn ON Overclock Mode and Turn On MIUI Optimization For Mi/Redmi Users
Many smartphones have the feature of overclock mode, particularly this feature is available in a gaming phone. So, if you have this feature in your phone, then you can turn ON Overclock Mode.
If you own Mi/Redmi phones, then you can turn on MIUI optimization. But in case if you own other brands phone, then your phone might have similar features. So, please check and use them to reduce lag in PUBG mobile for the better game experience.
8. Disable Unwanted Services While Playing PUBG Mobile
It is always suggested that you must turn off unwanted services such as when not needed. Unwanted services could be location service, Bluetooth service, auto-rotate, vibration, printing, ambient display, and unwanted sounds.
If these services are kept on, then they keep running in the background and affect your device’s battery power as well as gaming performance.
9. Install PUBG Mobile In Your Phone Internal Storage and Not In External SD Card
It is recommended that when you install PUBG mobile app, you must install it in your phone’s internal storage and not in the external SD card.
It is because you need a better gaming experience. External SD card is always slower than the phone’s internal storage. Hence, for best gaming speed and performance, you need to install PUBG mobile on the phone’s internal storage and not on an external SD memory card.
10. Set Up The PUBG Mobile Graphic Options To Avoid Lagging
Open the game, tap on “Settings” icon and then select “Graphics”.
Change the graphics options to “Smooth”, style to “Classic” and Frame rate to “Low”.
Select The Server With Low PING – Another small tip, while you play PUBG game, select the map whose ping is low to stop lag in PUBG mobile.
Turn OFF Voice Chat – Don’t turn ON voice chat until and unless you need it, this will definitely reduce the lag and will solve the lag problem in PUBG mobile. Instead, use text chat.
11. Enable Developer Options And Do Some Settings Changes To Reduce Lag In PUBG Mobile
In order to enable developer option, you must open “Settings” on your phone, go to “About Phone” and tap on “Build Number” 5 times to enable it.
Thereafter, open the developer options and change:
- Window Animation Scale to 0.5x
- Transition animation scale to 0.5x
- Animator Duration scale to 0.5x
After that do the following changes as well:
- Enable Force GPU rendering
- Force 4x MSAA
- Disable HW overlays.
Note: If you are a Xiaomi Redmi Phone user, then Enable “Turn On MIUI Optimisation”.
12. PUBG Mobile Lag Fix In Android With GFX Tool
The Android app called “GFX Tool” is particularly designed for PUBG mobile. GFX Tool is a useful app that allows users to unlock FULL HD graphics, 60 FPS, and other graphics settings for PUBG Mobile game. The GFX Tool is compatible with both international and Chinese versions of the game.
This app can help you to improve the performance a lot while you play PUBG Mobile game.
Below follow the steps to reduce lag in Android PUBG mobile by using GFX Tool:
Note: PUBG Mobile must be installed on your Android only then you can use GFX Tool.
Step 1: First of all install GFX Tool on your Android from Google Play Store.
Step 2: Exit PUBG Mobile before starting GFX Tool on your device.
Step 3: Now customize the graphics settings for PUBG Mobile.
- Version: Select the version of the PUBG Mobile game.
- Resolution & Graphics: Set the optimal resolution and best graphics that matches your device capability.
- FPS: Unlock maximum frame per second (FPS), ideally set it to 60fps.
- Style: Select the style as “Classic”.
- GPU: Enable GPU as it reduces the useless effects.
Step 4: Once you have set everything, click on “Accept”. The app will then start to play a video ad and after that, the settings will get applied.
13. Try Game Booster
Nowadays, many phones, particularly gaming phones, have “Game Mode” by default. Hence, you must make sure that you have selected or enabled “Gaming Mode” in order to get the best gaming performance that your phone can deliver.
But, unluckily not all phones have this gaming mode feature. So – How do you fix PUBG Mobile lag?
Well, in that case, you can try a Game Booster app. If your phone does not have a Gaming mode option, then you can try the Gaming Mode app by zipoapps. It is suggested and recommended by XDA Developer and it works great.
Besides that, you can also try Game Booster app by BGNmobi. It has many positive reviews on Google Play. This app displays lots of ads but it works pretty well.
14. Other Minor Tips That You Must Consider To Play PUBG Mobile Without Lag On Android
Open Task Manager on your device and close all unwanted apps that are running in the background. Doing this clear ram on your device and thereby PUBG mobile will run smoothly.
Since PUBG runs on the server, hence you need a proper internet connection to run it smoothly. You can Turn ON Airplane Mode and then Turn OFF it, this will refresh the network and you may get good internet speed.
If it is possible, connect your device to a stable Wi-Fi connection and avoid playing the game in mobile data. If you are playing on Wi-Fi, then simply Turn ON Airplane mode to avoid interruptions due to calls, pop-ups, and other notifications.
It happens many times that we turn on Low Battery Mode to save battery, but in low battery power mode, the device reduces the RAM usage and hence results in lagging of PUBG Mobile. So, you can make sure that Low Battery Mode is turned OFF or you can go to Battery and open Battery Save and then select PUBG Mobile and tap ‘no restriction’ to enable smooth gameplay. Note: Never play the game while the device is plugged in for power charge as it will make the device hot and lagging can also be noticed.
15. Uninstall PUBG Mobile And Reinstall It
At times, uninstalling the game and reinstalling can fix several issues, including the lagging problem as well. Let me tell you that a bad installation will never allow you to play the game smoothly. So, uninstall the PUBG Mobile from your Android device and re-install it again in order to fix the lag issue.
Bonus Tip: How To Play PUBG Mobile On PC Without Lag Issue
Let me tell you that there are many users out there who play PUBG Mobile on PC with the help of some emulators, but at the same time, they also encounter a lagging issue while they play PUBG Mobile on PC.
If you are also among them, then simply follow the below-mentioned tips to play PUBG Mobile on PC without lag.
Things To Consider Before You Play PUBG Mobile On PC Without Lag
- These tips are only for players who play PUBG Mobile on PC.
- Make sure your PC meets basic requirements to run smoothly on PC.
- Make sure that your PC has a good internet connection.
- And you have installed the latest version of PUBG Mobile.
Play PUBG Mobile On PC Without Lag Issue
- First of all close all applications that you don’t require. To do so press “CTRL + ALT + DEL” button, click on Task Manager and close all the unwanted apps. This will free up some space on your PC and will help you to run PUBG without lag on PC.
- Next, for proper internet connection refresh the network. You can do it by going to “Network Settings” and refresh the network. Or you can click on the Internet connection icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen and tap disconnect, wait for few seconds and again connect it.
- Most of the time, it happens that we don’t reboot Wi-Fi router for several days, and ping increases and to play the online game a good ping is required. So, you can reboot the Wi-Fi router to run PUBG Mobile on a computer without lag. To do so, simply disconnect the Wi-Fi router from the power supply, wait for few minutes and then reconnect it.
After following all the above tips, you will be able to play PUBG Mobile on PC without lag.
That’s All! Those were some effective solutions, tips, and tricks that you must follow to play PUBG Mobile without lag on Android. Some tips are simple with easy steps and some are a little bit complicated, but not difficult.
We, hope that this guide has helped you to fixed and run PUBG Mobile smoothly without lag and I hope you enjoy playing the games and may have lots of “WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER”.
Please share this guide, so that it can help other players who are facing such an issue.