Learn Quick Solutions To Fix Samsung Galaxy S22/S22 Ultra or S22 Plus Freezes and Keeps Lagging After An Update!
After going through the community and forum websites, I have found that there are many users reporting that their Samsung S22 series phones are randomly freezing, lagging, hanging, performing slow after an update.
Hence, I have decided to write this post on how to fix freezing or lagging issue on Samsung S22, S22 Ultra or S22 Plus after update.
Let’s start with real-user scenarios!
Practical Scenario 1: Samsung S22 Users Facing Lagging and Freezing Issue After Update
Practical Scenario 2: A User Samsung S22 Ultra Freezing And Crashing
Those were just two examples, but many users are encountering the same issue.
So, now the question is – how do you unfreeze or fix lagging problems on Samsung S22 series phone?
Well, find out the solutions by yourself!
Solution To Fix Samsung S22, S22 Ultra, S22 Plus Freezing or Lagging Problems
1. Update Phone To Latest Version
After so may complaints, Samsung knows about the issue and hence they have released several updates. So, installing the latest update might fix the issue for you.
- Go to device Settings.
- Tap Software Update> Check for updates.
- Select Download and Install.
- Restart your device.
2. Force Restart Your Phone
It is one of the most effective tips that can solve several problems, including performance-related issue. It refreshes the memory and apps after device gets rebooted.
- Press and hold Power + Volume Down button together for a few seconds.
- Once you see the Samsung logo, release all the button.
- Just wait and allow phone to restart completely.
3. Quit All Background Apps
Do you know that apps running in the background consume battery power as well as impacts device performance.
Many users forget to close the app and therefore your device lags, freezes. Hence, you should close the apps running in the background.
- Tap on 3 vertical lines located in the navigation buttons.
- Now, you can see the list of apps that are currently active.
- Simply, tap on Close All.
4. Uninstall Apps Creating Issue
If you notice that lags and freezes occur only when you use specific app, then it is confirmed that the issue is in the app and not with the firmware.
In such situation, you can follow these actions:
- First, try to clear the problematic app’s cache and data and see if that fixes the issue.
- If not, then force stop the app and then use it again.
- Or finally uninstall the app and reinstall it again.
You may have to repeat the process with other problematic apps.
You May Also Like:
- Fix Moisture Detected On Samsung S21, S21 Ultra, S21 Plus [16 Fixes]
- Samsung Pay Transport Card Not Working? 6 Fixes That Worked!
- 4 Ways To Measure ECG On Samsung Watch 5/5 Pro
- Common Snapchat Issues On Samsung S22 Series & Their Solutions
5. Make Sure Your Device Has More Storage
If any phone that have low storage space or running at a very critical low level, then the device will definitely run slow, hangs or freeze.
Hence, you must check the storage and delete unnecessary photos, videos, apps to free up space.
- Go Settings.
- Tap Device Care or Device maintenance.
- Tap on Storage.
- It will then show how much storage space available in your device.
If you see that your device has less space, then explore and delete unwanted files and apps that you do not need anymore.
6. Reset All Settings On Your Phone
Still your Samsung S22, S22 Ultra or S22 Plus freezing and lagging? Then, it’s time to reset all its settings. If the problem is due to settings, then this can fix the issue.
This will bring your device settings back to their default values and all your customized setting will get deleted. However, you do not have to worry as it will not delete any personal data.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General Management> Reset> Reset all settings.
- Tap on Reset Settings.
- If asked, enter pin/password/pattern.
Now, check if your phone performs smoothly or not. If not, then follow the next solution.
7. Do Wipe Cache Partition
If you have come so far and your problem yet not solve, then you may perform wipe cache partition on your phone.
This will basically delete all the system cache and if the cache files are causing any issue in the device performance, then it will be removed.
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold Power + Volume Up button together, unless you see the system option.
- Your phone will boot into Recovery mode.
- Now, go to Wipe Cache Partition option with the use of Volume down button.
- Select the option by pressing the Power button.
Wait and allow the process to get complete. Once completed, select the option Reboot System Now.
Your phone will restart in normal mode. Now see if your problem is solved or not.
8. Factory Reset Your Phone
If none of the solutions worked for you, then the last option left with you is to factory reset your device. This resolves many of the software-related problems.
But it is risky as well, because all your personal data and installed apps will get deleted. Hence, it is suggested that you must back up your important data of Samsung S22 and the proceed with this solution.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General management> Reset> Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset. If asked, enter security lock and then tap on Delete All button.
Wait for the device factory reset and to reboot. Once rebooted, I hope all your lagging and freezing issue will get solved.
However, if still your problem persists, then I highly suggest you to contacts Samsung customer support or visit nearest Samsung service centre. They will further assist you in solving your problem.
Using such high-end and expensive phone, if user encounter with the freezing and lagging issue on their Samsung S22 series phone, then it becomes headache for the user.
However, after going through the solutions mentioned in this article, I hope you were able to fix your problems of Samsung Galaxy S22/S22 Ultra/S22 Plus lagging or freezing issue.
If you have found this post helpful or useful, then do share it, as it can help others as well!
Max Field is a founder of recoverandroid-data.com. He is an Android lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android.