Efficiently Restore Lost, Deleted, Destroyed or Expired Snapchat Photos and Videos From Android Phones or Tablets!
Overview: In this article I am going to share few several solutions that will help you to recover lost or destroyed photos and videos of Snapchat app from Android devices. Just follow the solutions mentioned in this article and get back your Snapchat data restored with ease. Also learn some Snapchat tips and tricks.
[Expert Recommended]: Try Android Data Recovery Tool, which is a suitable Snapchat Recovery Tool. It will allow you to:
- Restore lost, missing, destroyed, deleted or formatted Snapchat pictures and videos from Android device.
- Retrieve Snapchat videos and images from locked, damaged, screen broken, factory reset Android phones and tablets.
- Recover deleted media files from Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Prisma, Fotor, Whatsapp, Viber, KiK, Line and other Android apps data.
- Also retrieve deleted or lost Android data such as pictures, audio, contacts, videos, text messages, call history, documents and much more.
- 100% safe & secure, no data leakage, only you can access your data.
Click On the Button Below To Free Download/Buy Now Snapchat Data Recovery Tool
Snapchat is an interesting app and it is getting more popular because it has various face filters as well as other interesting features. Today, millions of people are excited to use the app because it has “photos disappear within a limited time” feature.
While, you are enjoying the fun of selfie and creating precious memory with images and videos, your Snapchat data may be in danger. In one side, where Snapchat automatically deletes Chat, Stories and Snaps once they have been viewed or expired; on the other side, you may accidentally delete or lose Snapchat videos and photos dues to several causes.
User Example: Let Us Take One Practical Scenario
Snapchat photos deleted after deleting all miscellaneous files
My Samsung Galaxy S4 was running low on space, and my miscellaneous files were chewing a lot of it up, so, after I did my research on this particular website, a lot of people said that there were no negative effects of erasing all of the files. So I did and recently came to realize that ALL my snapchat photos were gone! I use snapchat as my primary source to take photos on as it does not make a shutter sound, and I very recently went on a holiday and now all my photos are gone. Dropbox says that there is an error when I try to view them from there. Can anybody PLEASE help me restore my precious photos.
Source: Android Forums
But you don’t need to worry about it!
If your Snapchat videos or photos got destroyed, expired or lost or deleted due to any reasons, you still have the chance to recover them back all, by applying suitable data recovery tool for Snapchat from Android OS.
1. Best Snapchat Photos & Videos Recovery Tool
In order to recover deleted Snapchat snaps (photos or videos) from Android device, you will need a piece of data recovery software. But we can hardly guarantee that it is a 100% working solution, because the nature of Snapchat clearly proves that it deletes the chatting messages, pictures and videos very instantly and the deleted stuff may get lost permanently once the temporary files get overwritten by new Snapchat data.
Hence, you must immediately try data recovery software from Snapchat immediately as and when you lost or delete it.
So, here is the world’s first and No. 1 rated Android Data Recovery program that is very much suitable and perfect Snapchat data recovery for Android. It will allow you to recover lost, destroyed, expired, missing, deleted Snapchat snaps (videos and photos) from any Android phones and tablets.
Besides Snapchat, it also retrieve deleted files such as images, videos, audio, contacts, text messages, whatsapp chat conversation, documents, call history on all Android devices.
So, if you want to restore Snaps from Android phones like Samsung, Xiaomi, Google Pixel, Motorola, Lenovo, HTC, Sony, Nokia, Oppo, Vivo, etc, then simply try this best Android data recovery tool to give shot. Hope you will rescue and see disappeared photos and videos again.
Steps To Recover Lost or Deleted Snapchat Photos & Videos From Android
Step 1 – Connect Your Android Phone
Download, install and launch Android Data Recovery on your computer and then select “Recover” option.
Now connect your Android device to your PC with the help of USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your Android phone.
If your phone is running on Android OS 4.2.2 or higher version, then you will get pop up message on your phone, simply tap OK to allow USB debugging.
Once your device gets connected, you will see the screen as shown below.
Step 2 – Select File Types For Scanning
Once, your phone gets connected, Android Data Recovery will display the file types that its support to recover. By default, the software has check marked all the file types. Here you can select the file types that you want to recover and then click on “Next” to proceed further with recovery process.
After this, the software will provide two options (only for non-rooted device): Scan for deleted files and Scan for all files. Scan for all files will take longer time, but it will scan your device thoroughly. Now click on “Next” to continue with the data recovery process.
The software will analyze your device first.
Android Data Recovery software will now scan your device to recover lost/deleted data. This process may take few minutes of time. Just wait for scanning process to get complete.
Step 4 – Preview and Recover Deleted Data From Android Devices
Once, the scanning process gets complete. You can now preview the recoverable files one by one. Select the files that you want back and then click on “Recover” button to save them on your computer.
You May Also Like:
- Fixed: ‘No Command’ Error In Recovery Mode on Android
- IMO Recovery: Recover Deleted Or Lost IMO Chat History
- How To Recover Deleted Facebook Messenger Messages From Android Phone
- Spotify Music Recovery: Recover Deleted Playlists from Spotify Music App
2. Use Dumpster App For Recovering Snapchat Snaps
Dumpster, the famous Android app used a digital trashcan, like the recycle bin on your PC, can actually restore Snapchat photos and videos.
May be this could be shocking for you!
Dumpster, very good at saving the accidentally deleted files on Android – act as a backup service.
Dumpster, a new Android app used a digital trashcan, like the one on your computer, can actually retrieve Snapchat videos. The app’s CEO Alik Hochner found that Dumpster was saving “Deleted Snapchat Videos” too. He told Digital Trends that Snapchat was storing temporary video on the external SD card on Android, but dumpster was not able to store photos because they were saved on the phone’s internal memory.
So, in order to get back Snapchat videos and want to watch it as many times as you want, you can tap on the file when you open Dumspter.
3. Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos and Videos from Snapchat Cache on Android
As per the official statement from the Snapchat, the messages are deleted after the recipient views the received photos or videos. But the real truth is that they are not deleted for permanent, but they become invisible in the app. All the invisible pictures and videos get stored on your phone’s internal memory with a .nomedia file extension. Since, they are saved with .nomedia file extension hence no apps are able to detect them.
So, here are the steps that you can follow to restore vanished Snapchat data.
- Step 1: When you receive any snap that you wish to save, press Home button, but do not close Snapchat app.
- Step 2: Open File Manager > Go to Android Data > com.snapchat.android > cache > received_image_snaps.
- Step 3: Copy the entire folder of received_image_snaps to SD card or on your PC.
- Step 4: Now simply remove the .nomedia extension by renaming the file name. For example if image file name is xyz.nomedia, then simply rename it to xyz.jpg, and then you will able to view the files as image.
The path of the com.snapchat.android folder may slightly differ from device to device. Also note that if you delete the cache file before saving them on external SD card or PC, then you will not be able to restore your snaps.
4. Restore Lost or Missing Snapchat Photos From Cloud Backup
It is always recommended that you must always back and restore Android data. For backing up Android files you have so many options such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. And I am sure that you have enabled the Auto-sync feature of your Android phone to backup data to your Google account such as Google Drive.
So, if you have backed up your Android data to your Google account, then below find out the steps to restore lost or missing Snapchat photos from Google Cloud backup:
- Step 1. Sign-in to your Cloud account.
- Step 2. Click on the recent backups: the one that contains your Snapchat data.
- Step 3. Click Restore to your Android device.
If you have not created any backup, then try above recommended Android Data Recovery software.
Bonus Tips: Saving Snaps and Story and How To Take Snapchat Screenshot on Android
Tip 1: Select The Path To Save Snapchat Snaps and Story on Android
You can select the path to save Snapchat snaps such as photos and videos on your phone internal or external storage.
Here how to do it:
- Open Snapchat, swipe down anywhere on the screen.
- In the next screen tap the Gear icon located at upper right corner.
- Again swipe down and tap on Memories.
- Select Save To…
- Now select the path to save Snap and Story to Memories (Snapchat server), Memories & Camera Roll (both server and device gallery) or Camera Roll (device gallery).
Once done, now next time when you tap on the Save icon, snap and stories will get saved to the location you have set.
Tip 2: How To Take A Screenshot of Snapchat Snaps Secretly
Snapchat send the notification to sender when someone takes screenshot of their snap.
But you may get surprised that there are lesser-known way through which you can take screenshot of snapchat photos without others knowing.
Here how to do it:
- Open your snapchat and allow the snaps to get completely loaded that you want to save on Android phone (you can tell a snap is loaded if the icon beside a name isn’t a solid square but more like a little swirl).
- Next, turn OFF mobile data or Wi-Fi or you can simply toggle to Airplane Mode on your device. You can easily do that by simply sliding down that notification and tap no Airplane Mode.
- Now take the screenshot of picture on Snapchat.
- Close the app and make sure it is not running in the background or it is better that you must Turn OFF your phone and restart it.
- Once your phone get restart, you can turn OFF Airplane mode and turn ON mobile data or wi-fi. Now you can again view your Snapchat again.
As of now, I hope you have learnt so many solutions and tips and tricks about Snapchat – you know few ways to recover lost or deleted Snapchat photos and videos as well as couple of tips on how select path to save and take screenshot of snapchat snaps. So, now it’s time you can go ahead and follow the above-mentioned Snapchat recovery solutions and tips and I hope you will get success.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube Channel.
Max Field is a founder of Recover Android Data. He is an Android lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android. He has 9+ years of experience in this field.