Learn Effective Solutions To Restore Lost Contacts From Android After Factory Reset!
Overview: Lost all contacts on Android after performing factory? Looking for a solution to get back those deleted contacts? Just Relax! This page introduces few, but very much effective solutions on how to recover contacts after factory reset on Android. Simply go through the post and follow the Android contacts recovery solutions.
With the help of Android Contacts Recovery software, you can:
- Efficiently recover contacts from Android phone and tablet after factory reset.
- Also recover other data such as photos, videos, audio, call logs, notes, voice memos, messages, WhatsApp chat history and much more after factory reset on Android.
- Preview recoverable files within preview screen of the software before final recovery.
- Restore contacts after factory reset from all Android phones such as Samsung Galaxy, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, HTC, Lenovo, Motorola, Vivo, Oppo, Google Pixel, Sony, etc.
Free Download/Buy Now Android Data Recovery To Recover Contacts From Android After Factory Reset By Clicking On The Button Below
So, let’s start with real-user practical scenario!
had to do a factory reset because google play services was not working, lost all phone numbers, contacts, photos, everything. can i recover anything?
Source: Android Central Forums
Similarly, there are many users out there encountering loss of contacts from Android after factory reset. But you do not need to worry about it at all as you can still retrieve contacts after factory reset from Android.
But before that, let us learn about factory reset and what it does?
About Factory Reset and What It Does?
All Android phones and tablets has inbuilt features of factory reset. The factory reset utility completely reset the device back to its original state as a new fresh phone.
When you perform factory reset it erases all data and settings such as photos, contacts, call logs, text messages, apps and all other data on your Android device and will automatically restart your device to its original state.
Doing factory reset on Android wipe off all the data from internal memory and it will not erase any files, apps or data stored on the phone’s external SD card.
So, that was all about factory reset. Now, let us know about contacts recovery solutions after factory reset on Android.
Solution 1: Restore Android Lost Contacts From Gmail Backup
If you have synced your Android contacts to Gmail account, then you can easily restore Android contacts from your Gmail account with ease. Additionally, this solution helps you to recover contacts after factory reset without root.
Let us first learn how to sync contacts to Gmail on your Android phone.
Steps To Sync Contacts To Gmail Account On Android
- On your Android device go to ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Account’.
- Select ‘Google’ and tap “Contacts” to sync to Gmail account.
Now once your contacts are synced to Gmail account, you can now move ahead to restore contacts from Gmail backup of your Android device.
Steps To Restore Android Contacts From Gmail Backup
- Visit Gmail in browser. Click on Gmail and click on “Contacts” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “More” and click on “Restore Contacts” from the drop down-menu.
- Select a time restore to from available option such as: 10 minutes ago, 1 hour ago, Yesterday, 1 week ago, Custom. If you select “Custom” then you can restore contacts of past 29 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes ago.
- Finally click on “Restore” button.
Note: You will only able to restore past 30 days contacts by following the above steps.
Solution 2: Restore Erased Android Contact After Factory Reset From Google Backup
If you have synced your Android contacts to Google account, then you can easily restore erased Android contacts from your Google account with ease. Additionally, this solution helps you to recover contacts from Android phone after factory reset without PC and without root.
Let us first learn how to backup contacts stored in device or SIM card to Google account. It is very useful when you lose or replace your phone, then you can easily restore these contacts on the new phone or after restoring your Android device to factory reset.
Note: Steps mentioned are taken from device running on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Steps To Automatic Backup Android On or OFF (Includes Contacts Backup)
- On your Android device go to “Settings”.
- Tap System> Backup.
- Turn Back up to Google Drive on or off.
Once you are sure that your Android is backed up to Google account, you can then follow the below steps to restore erased contacts on Android after factory reset.
Steps To Restore Erased Android Contacts From Google Backup
- On your Android device go to “Settings”.
- Tap ‘Google” and under “Services” tap on “Restore Contacts”.
- If you have multiple Google Account, then tap “From account” and select the account from which you want to restore contacts.
- Tap the device with contacts to copy.
- If you do not want to copy contacts from device storage or SIM card, then simply “turn OFF” Device storage or SIM card.
- Finally, tap on “Restore” and wait until and unless you see “Contacts Restored”.
- For duplicate contacts, your device will only restore those contacts that are not available in device already.
In order to restore contacts from other app like Outlook, IMO, WhatsApp, you will have to re-install those apps.
Note: If you have saved your contacts to Google Account, then it will automatically show on your device after you sign-in with you Google Account and you don’t need to restore the contacts as mentioned-above.
So, above both the solution 1 and solution 2 will help you to restore contacts of your Android phone after factory reset only when you have backups.
Now, the question is – how to recover contacts after factory reset without backup?
To find out the answer, continue reading the article.
Solution 3: Recover Contacts After Factory Reset Without Backup From Android
If you have lost some of your valuable or important contacts on your Android after factory reset and if you do not have any backup, then in that case it is highly recommended that you must use Android Data Recovery which is perfect and reliable Android Contacts Recovery software that will help you recover erased or lost contacts from Android after factory reset without backup.
The best part about this contacts recovery software for Android is that it retrieves contacts from phone’s SIM card as well from phone’s internal memory. The tool is available for both Windows and Mac computer.
This contacts recovery program scans your device and extract lost contacts and allow you to preview them within preview screen of the software and then you can recover and save contacts on your computer. The software support all Android phones and tablets such as LG, Samsung, Sony, Redmi, Huawei, Moto, Oppo, Lenovo, Vivo, Panasonic, OnePlus, Meizu, Nokia, HTC, Google Pixel, Nexus and more.
Note: Stop using your Android phone after performing factory reset and do not add any new data on it and immediately apply Android Data recovery to recover contacts. Because adding new data will overwrite the existing data and hence you will lose the chance for recovery.
Below follow the complete tutorial to recover erased or lost contacts from Android after factory reset using Android Data Recovery tool.
You May Also Like:
- How To Recover Data From Hard or Soft Bricked Android?
- How To Recover Deleted Hidden Photos On Android?
- How to Remove or Bypass Samsung Screen Locks – [PIN, Pattern, Password or Fingerprints]
- How To Fix a Water Damaged Phone In Easy Steps!
Steps To Recover Lost Contacts From Android After Factory Reset
Step 1 – Connect Your Android Phone
Download, install and launch Android Data Recovery on your computer and then select “Recover” option.
Now connect your Android device to your PC with the help of USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your Android phone.
If your phone is running on Android OS 4.2.2 or higher version, then you will get pop up message on your phone, simply tap OK to allow USB debugging.
Once your device gets connected, you will see the screen as shown below.
Step 2 – Select File Types For Scanning
Once, your phone gets connected, Android Data Recovery will display the file types that its support to recover. By default, the software has check marked all the file types. Here you can select the file types that you want to recover and then click on “Next” to proceed further with recovery process.
After this, the software will provide two options (only for non-rooted device): Scan for deleted files and Scan for all files. Scan for all files will take longer time, but it will scan your device thoroughly. Now click on “Next” to continue with the data recovery process.
The software will analyze your device first.
Android Data Recovery software will now scan your device to recover lost/deleted data. This process may take few minutes of time. Just wait for scanning process to get complete.
Step 4 – Preview and Recover Deleted Data From Android Devices
Once, the scanning process gets complete. You can now preview the recoverable files one by one. Select the files that you want back and then click on “Recover” button to save them on your computer.
Bonus Tips: Backup Android Contacts To Handle Such Contacts Loss Situations
- Regularly backup your important and precious contacts of your Android device. You can easily use Android backup & restore software to backup all data of your Android device to PC.
- Before performing factory reset you must transfer all contacts to another device or external SD card as vCard file to avoid loss of contacts.
By going through the article, I hope by now you have got the solutions that can help you to recover contacts from your Android after factory reset. So, if you have back up of your contacts to Gmail and Google account then you can always use those backups to restore your contacts.
But, in absence of backup, it is strongly recommended that you must immediately try Android Data Recovery software, before its get too late.