Instagram Reels are entertaining, fun, educative and made to attract new customers.
The reels allow you to record, merge multi-clip video with effects, audio and other tools.
You can add your own original audio or add a music/song from the Instagram music library.
However many users are reporting that the audio has been removed after some time from the video.
They are getting the error message that says “The audio track in your reel is no longer available”.
Followed by “You can replace the audio track one time, which will also remove any original audio in your reel. You won’t be able to undo this action”.
So, in this article, you are going to learn some working solutions that will help you to fix Instagram error “The audio track in your reel is no longer available”.
Let’s begin with a real user practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: Instagram The original audio is no longer available and has been removed from your reel
Why Is The Audio Track In Your Reel Is No Longer Available on Instagram?
There could be several reasons for this issue. The possible causes are as follows:
- The audio which you were using in your reel was deleted by the user who uploaded it.
- Instagram might have removed the audio as it is against their community guideline.
- There could be a bug or glitch.
- The license agreement with the music rights holder might have changed.
- The server of the platform could be down.
- You might have used copyrighted music.
- Your Instagram app is outdated or its cache files might have been corrupted.
- And so on…
Solutions To Fix “The audio track in your reel is no longer available” on Instagram
In order to fix “The audio track in your reel is no longer available” on Instagram, you can follow these solutions:
- You need to wait for a few days.
- Replace the audio.
- Refresh the reel and then check.
- Clear cache and data of the app.
- Update Instagram app.
Solution 1: Wait For Few Days and Then Check
Several users on various platform such as Twitter (X), Reddit and other forums have mentioned that their audio came back after few days.
Hence, it is suggested that you must wait for a few days, if your audio is muted in your reel then it will get unmuted after few days – you don’t have to do anything.
Solution 2: Replace Audio In Your Reel
If you don’t want to wait for few days, then you can replace the audio with another.
Just make sure that the audio is not copyrighted and does not violate Instagram community guidelines.
Here how you can replace audio:
- On the muted reel, tap on “Replace audio”.
- Next, select the “audio/music” you want to use.
- Tap “Done” to confirm.
Solution 3: Refresh The Reel
Often, simply refreshing the reel itself fixes the problems that you are experiencing.
Swipe down on the screen to refresh the page and then play the reel to check.
Solution 4: Update Your Instagram App
If your Instagram app is not up-to-date, then it is recommended that you update it.
Outdated apps may have bugs or glitches.
Here follow the steps to update Instagram app:
- Open App Store (on iPhone) or Google Play Store (on Android).
- Type “Instagram” in the search box and tap on search.
- On the app page, if you see the update option then tap on “Update” button.
Solution 5: Clear Cache and Clear Data Of The App
Sometimes the cache and temporary files of the app that get accumulated over time create problems.
So, clear cache and data of the Instagram app and then check.
Here how to clear cache and data of the app:
- Tap and hold the Instagram app and tap on “i” icon or “App info”.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap on “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”.
- Go to Settings> General> iPhone Storage.
- Look for Instagram app and tap on it.
- Tap on Offload App.
Video Tutorial: Fix “The audio track in your reel is no longer available” on Instagram
I believe that the article helped you to understand – why your audio track was no longer available on Instagram? And now you can fix the issue.
But always remember that Instagram has its own community guidelines, hence whatever you upload on Instagram app, must follow them. Anything that goes against their guidelines will get removed from the platform.
If you have found this article helpful, then please share it as it can help other users.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube Channel.
You May Also Like:
- Archive Stories Not Showing on Instagram? Here’s The Real Fixes!
- How To Fix “Invite Collaborator” Not Showing on Instagram
- Turn OFF “Suggested For You” Posts On Instagram
- Fix Instagram Reels Not Working On Android/iPhone
Max Field is a founder of Recover Android Data. He is an Android lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android. He has 9+ years of experience in this field.