Learn The 9 Possible Solutions That Can Help You To Troubleshoot Instagram ‘Sorry, There Was A Problem With Your Request’ Login Error!
Overview: If you are one of the user who is using Instagram and received the error “Sorry, there was a problem with your request” and you try again and again to get rid of this error, but without any success. Calm down! In this post you will learn the effective solutions to fix Instagram “Sorry, there is a problem with your request” error.
Let’s start with real user-practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: A User Getting Instagram Login Error “Sorry, there was a problem with your request” After Android Update
So, probably half an hour ago, I updated my phone to the newest version of Nougat. (G930FXXU1DQD7) after update and formatting and installing apps. Instagram suddenly does not let me login? Whenever I try to login, it gives me the message “Sorry, there was a problem with your request”. I’ve tried Factory data reset my phone but still the same. I don’t know if this is a common problem but it worries me in a way. Not entirely sure if I’m supposed to post a thread like this on here but any help is appreciated. Thanks.
edit: 11/05/17 23:30. I downgraded my software down to Marshmallow just to see if it was the updates fault. It is still the same, giving the same error. I tried logging into Instagram using a different device and on my computer. This works fine but on my phone it doesn’t. I’m not entirely sure if It’s my phone that has the problem.
another update: It seems to be Instagram is the only thing that’s having the problem. I mean, I’ve tried logging into different social media apps and they work perfectly fine (snapchat, facebook, twitter..)
Source: XDA Developers Forum
In above practical scenario, user expressed that he/she was not able to login into his/her Instagram account after updating Android OS.
But there could be other several reasons behind the occurrence of this specific Instagram login error message – “Sorry, there was a problem with your request”.
So, before going to the recovery solutions let us first know – Why this Instagram error “Sorry, there was a problem with your request” occur?
Well, find out the reasons mentioned-below!
Why Does My Instagram Keep Saying “Sorry, there is a problem with your request.”
People face this error when they tried to log-in to their Instagram account and this happen due to several reasons.
Below I have mentioned some of the reasons:
- Violating Instagram policies.
- Bad internet connection.
- Server problem.
- Reported by other people in bulk against your account.
- Posting some malicious contents, images, videos, etc.
- And so on…
So, now the question arises – How to fix the Instagram error “Sorry, there was a problem with your request”?
Below find out the possible solutions!
Solution 1: Login To Your Instagram Account Via Facebook
One of the best ways to get rid of this error is by connecting your Facebook account with Instagram.
Follow the below steps on how to do that:
- Open Instagram website on your phone.
- Log-in to Instagram account via browser.
- Visit your Instagram account Settings and if you have added any account to Facebook, unlink it.
- Now simply clear the data of your Instagram app on your phone.
- Finally, login to your Instagram account via Facebook.
That’s it! You can log-in to your Instagram account successfully, and you will not receive the irritating error “Sorry, there was a problem with your request”.
However, if above-solution does not work in your case, then follow other solutions.
Also Read: [Fixed] Instagram Won’t Open On Android
Solution 2: Temporary Disable Your Instagram Account
It is also found that disabling the account for some period of time allows user to access their Instagram account. So, kindly, disable your Instagram account for some time and later re-activate to check if your problem is solved or not.
Follow the below step to disable your Instagram account:
- Sign-in to your Instagram account on your computer/laptop.
- Go to your profile and then tap on “Edit profile”.
- Now click on Temporary disable my account.
- Give specific reason for disabling the account. Take a note that you can only disable your account once a week.
- Wait for 6 – 7 hours. Do not try to login to your Instagram account during this time period.
- Once, time period over, you can then log-in to your Instagram account through application on your phone.
That’s it. Now you can successfully login to your Instagram account without facing the annoying error.
Solution 3: Use Different Phone To Access Instagram
You can also try another phone to access your Instagram. If you are able to successfully log-in to your Instagram on another phone, then there may be some problem on your previous device and that’s why you are unable to log-in to your Instagram app on your previous device.
Solution 4: Create An Instagram Clone To Fix The Error
Another way to access your Instagram account is to create Instagram Clone using dual app.
Follow the simple steps below on how to do that:
- First go to Settings on your phone and click on Dual apps.
- Find Instagram and turn on toggle button.
- Doing this make a clone of the app and it will add a new Instagram icon on home screen.
- At last, click on Instagram icon and login to your account. Now, you can check out weather the error problem was solved or not.
Solution 5: Try Parallel Space App To Fix The Issue
You can also fix the error by using Parallel Space app which is same as solution 4. Here you also have to create a clone of Instagram app but by Parallel Space app.
Follow the below steps how to do that:
- Download Parallel Space app from Play Store on your Android phone.
- Open the app and create a clone for Instagram.
- Then open new cloned Instagram app on your phone and login to your Instagram.
Now check, whether you can easily access to your Instagram account without any error issue or not.
You May Also Like:
- Vault App Photo Recovery: Recover Deleted Pictures From Vault App
- Viber Recovery: Recover Deleted or Lost Viber Chat History
- IMO Recovery: Recover Deleted Or Lost IMO Chat History
- How To Recover Deleted Facebook Messenger Messages From Android Phone
- How To Recover Deleted or Lost WhatsApp Messages On Samsung
Solution 6: Uninstall And Re-Install Instagram App
You can also have the option to uninstall the app and again install it from play store. It can solve the error “Sorry, there was a problem on your request”.
Below follow the steps to uninstall:
- On your device go to Settings>installed application
- Find the Instagram
- Tap to uninstall the app.
Below follow steps to reinstall:
- Open play store then search Instagram.
- Tap to install the Instagram.
Once, you re-install the app, try to login into your account and check if problem solved or not. Hopefully, your problem should get fixed.
Solution 7: Factory Reset Your Phone To Fix The Error
If any of the above solutions does not solve your problem then you should do factory reset on your phone. But one thing you have to keep in mind that before doing factory reset you must keep backup of your important data of your phone, because factory reset will erase all your data from the device.
Below follow the steps to factory reset the phone:
- Go to Settings and find factory reset.
- Proceed to reset.
- When your phone is reset then, download the Instagram app again from Google play store.
- Login to your Instagram account.
- Now you can easily login to your Instagram account without getting any error.
Note: If you have done factory reset of your phone without keeping any backup and now you need that lost files back then, you are highly recommended to try Android Data Recovery software to easily get back your data erased due to factory reset.
Solution 8: Try To Change Phone IMEI Number And Android ID
Changing IMEI number or Android ID is useful to those users who have rooted their phone. If you have rooted your device then you should uninstall the Instagram app and just follow the below steps:
- Uninstall the app from your device.
- Now change the IMEI number and Android ID of your phone.
- After that, reboot your device.
- Download and install Instagram app from play store.
- Then login to your Instagram account.
Done! You will be logged in successfully.
Solution 9: Contact Instagram Help Center
If the above 6 solutions do not work then lastly you can contact to Instagram Help Center.
- Open the authorization screen and search “Log In Help” option.
- Then tap on “use Username or Email”.
- After that enter your email and select “send e-mail”.
- Check your mailbox for messages.
- You have to tap the big Blue button and ask you to open the link with Instagram, Chrome, etc. You should select Instagram and flag “Always Use This Option“.
That’s it! You will now be able to access your Instagram account.
So, in this post we have provided you with the nine effective possible solutions that will help you to fix Instagram login issue that is “Sorry there was a problem with your request”.
You can follow the solution mentioned-above one-by-one and check if your problem is solved or not. Hopefully, I hope that this post will definitely help you to fix Instagram error ‘Sorry, there was a problem with your request’.